Free ONLINE GED and Academic Preparation Classes for Returning Citizens, Temple University
This program is made possible through a partnership between the Philadelphia Department of Prisons and Temple University’s WELL Program (Workforce Education and Lifelong Learning)
What services are available to help me get my high school equivalency diploma?
- The Philadelphia Prison System provides financial assistance to cover the cost of GED Ready tests and all four actual subject tests.
- The Temple WELL Program provides free academic assessments and ABE through Pre-GED preparation classes. Individuals must be enrolled in the WELL Program to be eligible for services.
Who is eligible for free academic services?
- Recent returning citizens who were previously enrolled in ABE or GED preparation classes within the past 2 years are eligible for free academic resources.
- PDP provides free GEDReady practice tests and GED exam vouchers for individuals demonstrating readiness for either exam.
For more information or to become part of the Temple University WELL family please contact Carolyn Finkle at 215-204-3653 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- High Impact Practices and Preparing Engaged Citizens in the Context of Work Ready Graduates – Jun 23
- Webinar: Youth-Centered Civics Initiatives to Strengthen Communities – Jun 22
- Celebrating the 26th Amendment – Jul 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.