Free Lifeguard Training and Lifeguard Summer Jobs with Parks & Rec
Posted by City of Philadelphia on April 27, 2021
Each year Philadelphia Parks & Recreation hires hundreds of lifeguards. One of the best-paying summer jobs around, Parks & Rec lifeguards earn up to $16.97 per hour, with starting pay set at $14.74 per hour.
We help candidates train and prepare for the required Red Cross lifeguard certification. Red Cross certification is:
- Required for most lifeguarding jobs.
- Valid for two years. Candidates must be recertified after two years.
Lifeguard certification is free for applicants ages 16-24 who commit to working at a City pool. The Red Cross lifeguard certification fee is $110 for all other candidates.
Become a lifeguard! Learn more and apply.
- Serve Philadelphia VISTA Corps Is Accepting Applications
- Director, Sisters of Saint Joseph Welcome Center – Feb 20
- Better Bike Share Educator, Part-Time Position Seasonal (March – October), Bicycle Coalition – Feb 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.