Free Legal Support for Tenants
Posted by City of Philadelphia on May 10, 2022
Philadelphia’s Right to Counsel law guarantees free legal representation to eligible low-income renters. Eligible renters have a Right to Counsel when they face:
- Eviction proceedings.
- Lease or other tenancy termination proceedings.
- PHA housing subsidy termination proceedings.
Under these circumstances, Right to Counsel is available for:
- Judicial proceedings, such as those in Municipal Court.
- Administrative proceedings, such as those held by the Fair Housing Commission.
More in "New Resources"
- Service Year Alliance Toolkit: Engaging Individuals After High School in Service Years
- New Report: Toward a More Equitable Tomorrow: A Landscape Analysis of Early Childhood Leadership
- Looking Back to Move Forward: Immigrant Heritage Month 2022
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.