Food Service Staff (Part-Time), Episcopal Community Services
Posted by Episcopal Community Services on May 31, 2022
St. Barnabas Mission offers several low barriers services to support individuals managing food insecurity. The person in this role will perform a wide range of duties designed to support food equity programs operated by ECS St. Barnabas Mission. The primary functions will include maintaining, cleanliness, kitchen safety, meal prep, food stocking and pantry service. The Food Service role requires the ability to lift and carry 40-50 pounds, as well as bend, reach and stretch as part of their regular duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that food prep areas and equipment are kept clean and free from debris
- Stock and store food in accordance with local food service guidelines
- Cooks/Prepares foods to support Cook-O, the senior meal delivery program
- Refrigerates all prepared foods in accordance with safe food handling regulations
- Ensure proper refrigeration temperatures are maintained
- Ensures that meals/foods are both edible and esthetically pleasing
- Must have knowledge of safe food handling and city regulations.
- Support Open Choice Food Pantry as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of and follow all ECS policies, plans, and procedures, including but not limited to the Rules of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
- As an employee of Episcopal Community Services, I will conduct myself at all times to the highest professional standard and to meet the standard of duty to loyalty, specifically avoiding any conflicts of interest.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Freedom Schools Literacy Academy Paid Teacher Apprenticeship
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.