Financial Analyst, School District of Philadelphia
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on August 31, 2015
Financial Analyst at The School District of Philadelphia
Performs detailed analyses and evaluations of the financial operations of various organizational units and programs in connection with the formulation and execution of the District’s annual budget.
• Researches, reviews and analyzes budget estimates and requests for funds submitted by School District of Philadelphia organizational units and delegate agencies.
• Conducts detailed studies of work plans and administrative practices and prepares recommendations for supervisory staff on the allocation of funds to requesting units and delegate agencies.
• Monitors and coordinates the disbursement of approved appropriations to units and delegate agencies.
• Reviews and assesses the financial impact of requests for the establishment of new positions.
• Analyzes and recommends approval or denial of requests for transfers of fund allotments.
• Conducts management and organizational studies of assigned units and delegate agencies for the purpose of identifying and reporting on opportunities to improve organizational efficiencies as related to fiscal accountability and responsibility.
• Reviews, analyzes and prepares reports on financial aspects of unit reorganizations, program reorganizations and administrative changes.
• Assists assigned organizational units with the development and implementation of fiscal performance measures.
• Provides technical assistance and training to assigned organizational units and school-based personnel on various aspects of financial budgeting and reporting systems.
• Prepares correspondence to respond to inquiries, to request information and to issue directives to assigned units related to budgetary guidelines and requirements.
• Prepares and maintains necessary records and reports.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• One year of full-time, professional experience reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and planning budget requests in a central budget agency, public jurisdiction or private corporation in a paid position, a fellowship or an internship.
- Vaccine Equity Project Manager (Consultant/Contractor), AFAHO – Jan 28
- Programs Assistant (Full-Time), AFAHO – Jan 31
- Staff Representative, AFT PA – Jan 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.