Financial Aid Specialist, Catto Scholarship, CCP
Posted by Community College of Philadelphia on November 22, 2022
Reporting into the Associate Director, Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Specialist, Catto Scholarship is primarily responsible for the oversight of the financial aid administration and awarding of The Octavius Catto Scholarship, along with assisting the Scholarship Coordinator in the administering of all other Institutional endowment scholarship and grant funds as needed. In addition, the Financial Aid Specialist is responsible for supporting all verification processing procedures, including reviewing, verifying and awarding financial aid. The position will collaborate with front counter and back office financial aid staff to ensure students receive the highest level of customer service. Additional responsibilities include researching and resolving any other matters affecting student aid, serving as a backup to other Financial Aid Specialists during peak periods and periods of absences and representing the College at on-campus and off-campus events.
- Update student’s aid in Banner, add student loans to student’s aid package; correspond with Coordinator, Student Loan Program to ensure student is receiving appropriate amount requested.
- Verify information on the Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR) and compare with the information on the student’s or parent’s Federal tax return.
- Collaborate with outside offices, research and resolve financial aid payment problems, including those identified by Bursar’s office and Office of Student Records and Registration.
- Resolve Bursar’s office holds and explain resolution to students.
- Work with advisors and counselors to make recommendations to students who were dropped for poor scholarship; correspond with Records and Registration to resolve enrollment status issues and to ensure that student has completed required testing.
- Conduct workshops and presentations for new and continuing students.
- Generate and reconcile reports.
- Represent the College at on-campus and off-campus events.
- Conduct on-line filing workshops, as required.
- Adhere to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents on behalf of the work area and the College.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the College.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education Supervisor, Puentes de Salud
- Clinical Lab Assistant at CHOP, Training & Job Opportunity – Dec 14
- Bilingual Collective Impact Coordinator, Ceiba
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.