Finance/Human Resources Assistant, Health Federation of Philadelphia
Posted by Health Federation of Philadelphia on July 14, 2014
Assists Finance and HR Directors in a number of areas including managing payroll, assisting Grants Managers, hiring and HRIS maintenance.
- Assist with audit requirements
- Document and reconcile corporate credit card charges
- Perform regular bank reconciliation
- Maintain updated file for pension administration
- Maintain database for minority businesses
- Maintain organized grant files
- Assist Grants Managers with Payroll verification and invoicing
- Provide backup when Finance Director or bookkeeper is away
- Prepare and submit biweekly payroll
- Complete biweekly labor distribution spreadsheets
- Continue adding work groups to electronic payroll system
- Manage Paid Time Off and yearly PTO balances
- Enter new hire and other HRIS information
- File HR personnel information and timesheets
- Meet with new employees for orientation, payroll and benefits enrollment
- Check benefits invoices monthly to match with HR database
- Provide backup when HR Director is away
- BA or BS degree
- Experience in Human Resources and/or financial management a plus
- High-level skills in Excel. Peachtree or other accounting system and HRIS experience preferred.
- Must be highly organized, accurate, detail oriented and able to work independently with excellent support
Requires sitting at computer and desk and mobility around office at 1211 Chestnut Street. Occasional travel to city and Health Federation offices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. They should not be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and/or skills required.
Posted on: July 1, 2014
- Employer Recruitment Consultant
- Development and Special Events Manager, Young Audiences Arts for Learning – Jul 8
- Marketing Manager, Young Audiences Arts for Learning – Jul 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.