Finance Specialist, Greensgrow
Posted by Greensgrow Farms on September 17, 2018
Greensgrow is a non-profit, social entrepreneurship project that has been creating innovative urban agriculture programs since 1997. We operate two community-based garden centers, summer and winter Farm Share programs, local farm stands, Mobile Markets and affordable food programs serving a diverse constituency. Greensgrow also manages a community kitchen that serves as an entrepreneurial incubator for local food producers and holds educational workshops year round. Greensgrow prides itself in being a transparent and fun place to work. Successful team members will bring a sense of humor, flexibility in their role and a commitment to our core values of caring for people, planet, quality, and transparency. As a working farm, all employees are expected to help as needed with tasks outside their formal job description, including chasing chickens, shoveling snow, cleaning the kitchen, and giving tours.
The Finance Specialist is a critical member of the finance and operations team at Greensgrow. Our Finance Specialist is responsible for assuring the accurate and timely maintenance of our financial records, contributing to the sustained health of our business. They are also responsible for a number of general administrative tasks. We’re looking for someone with keen attention to detail and interest in building their skills. This is a full-time, year round position.
• Maintains accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Processes invoices and pays bills
• Processes deposits for retail businesses
• Maintain accurate records of farm share member payments through our member management software
• Maintains change for retail businesses
• Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
• Collects, enters, and tracks contributions and donations to Greensgrow through Salesforce.
• Knowledge and understanding of, and the ability to generate P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, and participating in team projects across the organization as required.
• Performs other administrative duties including, but not limited to:
– Maintenance of email lists
– Support of workshop enrollments
– Ordering office supplies
• Experience with Quickbooks
• Experience with:
– Financial statements
– Bank reconciliation
– General bookkeeping
• Experience with Salesforce a plus
– Attention to detail
– Critical thinking skills
– Sensitivity to confidentiality
This is a full-time year round position. Starting pay is $34,000 commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for commensurate staff benefits, including a farm share, acupuncture and paid time-off.
This position is available immediately, and we will interview candidates on a rolling basis until filled. Please send application materials to email@example.com with “Finance Specialist” in the Subject line.
Please do not call to inquire about this position.
Greensgrow is committed to workplace diversity and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ, disabled, and all aged candidates to apply.
Original posting: https://www.greensgrow.org/get-involved/jobs/finance-specialist/
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: A to Z – Feb 29
- CompTIA ITF+ (IT Fundamentals) Instructor (Part-Time), Community College of Philadelphia
- Youth Advocacy Fellowship (YAF), Community Legal Services
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.