FIGHT Community Presentations for Your Organization
Posted by Philadelphia FIGHT on April 20, 2015
Bring AEM to Your Agency with FIGHT Community Presentations!
Philadelphia FIGHT offers Community Presentations, two hour workshops hosted at agencies throughout Philadelphia, during the entire month of June. Last year, more than 60 FIGHT Community Presentations were held, reaching over 1,000 people during AIDS Education Month alone!
Scheduling a FIGHT Community Presentation at your organization is a great way to keep your staff, clients, and volunteers up to date with the latest information in HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention.
This year, our trained staff members and peer educators will lead educational presentations focusing on Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), a revolutionary new treatment that prevents HIV transmission.
Based on the information shared during this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Understand how HIV/AIDS is transmitted
- Discuss risk reduction strategies to prevent HIV transmission, including PrEP
- Find reliable HIV information
- Separate HIV myths from facts
- Know where and how to get tested and get treated
If you would like to request a Community Presentation, please complete our Community Presentation request form through the AIDS Education Month website, or contact Anita Gooding for more information via email at email@example.com or at (215) 985-4448, ext. 131.
The number of Community Presentations that FIGHT is able to offer is limited. Requests are considered on a first come, first serve basis.
Request a Community Presentation today!
More in "New Resources"
- Tracking COVID-19’s Effects by Race and Ethnicity
- New Study: How Teens Navigate School During COVID-19
- New Report: Reflecting Forward: Philadelphia-based Black Leaders’ Recommendations for Regional Funders
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.