Field Coordinator, Bucks County, PennFuture
Posted by PennFuture on August 31, 2021
Reports to: Field Director
PennFuture’s mission is to lead the transition to a clean energy economy in Pennsylvania and beyond. We protect our air, water, and land, and empower citizens to build sustainable communities for future generations. Working throughout the Commonwealth, PennFuture’s team of attorneys, policy experts, organizers, communications specialists, and advocates watchdog against polluters and environmental injustices, educate the public, and advance pro-environment policies.
PennFuture’s Field Coordinator in Bucks County is the principal point of contact for Bucks County activists and volunteers. The position directly organizes and grows PennFuture’s volunteer base in the county through relationship building, events, and opportunities to support advocacy campaigns. The coordinator and their volunteer base support the organizations mission and strategic goals by executing a suite of tactics specific to the needs of each campaign or policy priority, such as contacting their legislators, phone banking, and generating earned media.
The coordinator also often acts as the eyes and ears for PennFuture in their geography—being attentive to environmental concerns impacting the county and, if applicable, connecting those concerns back to the strategic priorities of the organization. In addition, from time to time, this position supports activities at one of PennFuture’s partner organizations—Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania—through a strategic partnership and contractual agreement.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE
PennFuture knows that in order to achieve our mission, we need to ensure that all Pennsylvanians have equitable access to clean air, clean water, a stable climate, and a clean and sustainable economy. We are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organizational culture, policies, practices, and programs. Like the environmental and conservation movement writ large, we have historically fallen short in our efforts to build a truly equitable Pennsylvania. Our vision is to center equity and justice in everything we do as well as to combat systems of oppression and injustices that have long harmed Pennsylvania’s environmental justice communities.
• Manage regional volunteer recruitment and engagement to advance PennFuture’s strategic goals, including but not limited to phone banking, text banking and managing door-to-door canvassing operations.
• Implement grassroots tactics to engage prospective volunteers and train them to become volunteer leaders.
• Become a member of local coalitions and begin new coalitions and advocacy groups, as necessary.
• Attend regional events and become immersed in local advocacy efforts.
• Leverage volunteer recruitment as part of PennFuture’s ACE program to facilitate engagement of constituents with their elected officials on prominent statewide environmental policy issues.
• Develop working knowledge of PennFuture’s environmental policy priorities and issues.
• Leverage in-house policy expertise as well as cultivate experts in policy issues to supplement that knowledge.
• Develop an ongoing list of shared local policy priorities for PennFuture and allies.
• In collaboration with the Senior Director of Government Relations, build relationships with local elected officials in Bucks County from municipal to state legislative positions.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Strong commitment to PennFuture’s mission and demonstrated commitment to advancing environmental protection with vision and results
• Commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice and employing that in all their work
• Minimum 2 – 5 years of relevant professional experience in political campaigns, grassroots organizing, or advocacy/issue campaign work
• Knowledge of and experience with environmental issues impacting Bucks County communities
• Proven success in campaign development, implementation, and leadership, with a demonstrated ability to develop strong, authentic relationships with BIPOC, low-income and immigrant communities preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience working with, or an enthusiastic willingness to learn how to work with, a diverse representation of stakeholders, advocacy organizations, and elected officials
• Ability to work quickly, independently, and proactively on project and campaign developments
• Ability to travel and to maintain a flexible work schedule; be willing to work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed
LOCATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS:
This position is based in Bucks County and prospective candidates must live in the county to be eligible. Evening and weekend hours are often required, along with travel throughout the region and occasional travel to PennFuture’s Philadelphia office.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $40,000 – $45,000. Benefits package includes health care, dental, vision, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and a 403(b)-retirement plan.
PennFuture encourages applications from individuals underrepresented in the environmental community, including people of color, and persons with nontraditional work and educational experience. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
The deadline to apply for this position is Monday, September 13th.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, short 1-2 page writing sample, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please write “BUCKS COUNTY FIELD COORDINATOR” in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted.
- Assistant Teacher (Part-Time), New Foundations Charter School
- CARES Afterschool Assistant Teacher (Part-Time), New Foundations Charter School
- 1 on 1 Personal Care Assistant (Full-Time), New Foundations Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.