Festival of Play Training for Youth Workers
Posted by Sandbox Collective on April 27, 2015
Pop-up Play Festival of Play Training for Youth Workers/Youth Programs
Join us for an orientation and training at the Independence Seaport Museum in preparation for the upcoming Philadelphia Festival of Play, taking place at the Seaport Museum on June 6th. An adult from your program is required to attend this training in order for your youth to participate in the Festival.
At the training you will:
- Experience Pop-up Play (Experience. Create. Lead.) along with other adults who are preparing their youth to lead;
- Receive a tool kit (one per program) including resources, workshops and more to help you prepare youth to be leaders at the Festival; an
- Scope out the Seaport where the activities are going to take place
- Meet the other programs and adults who will be participating in the festival, who you can brainstorm with and even partner with!
- Parking: The best pace to park is on Front Street/Walnut and walk over Walnut Street Bridge. OR park up on Penn’s Landing and walk South along the riverfront (about 5 minutes) to the museum. Or pay $17 for parking right at the museum.
Public transportation: Take El train to 2nd Street and walk to Penn’s Landing, then head South along the waterfront to the Museum. Several busses also go directly to Penn’s Landing and run up and down Delaware Avenue.
For questions contact: Popupplayproject@gmail.com
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.