Federal Grant Project Director / Director of Student Activities, Freire Charter H.S.
Posted by Freire Charter High School on September 20, 2022
Federal Grant Project Director / Director of Student Activities
Freire Charter High School is seeking a Federal Grant Project Director (known in-house as Director of Student Activities). The person in this role would assume implementation and leadership of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21CCLC) federal grant at Freire Charter High School.
21CCLC grantees use federal funds to establish community learning centers that provide academic, artistic and cultural enrichment opportunities for children, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools, in order to meet state and local standards in core academic subjects such as reading, math and science. This program is also intended to offer students a broad array of activities and to include families and the community in the educational process.
- To assist youth in meeting state standards for core academic subjects by providing students with academic enrichment opportunities before school, after school and/or during holidays or summer recess.
- To offer participants a broad array of other services and programs, such as art, music, recreation activities, character education, career and technical training, drug and violence prevention programming, and technology education.
- To provide educational services for families of participating students, such as literacy instruction, computer training and/or cultural enrichment.
- To ensure that both youth and their families have decision-making roles in the creation, operation and evaluation of their 21CCLC program
- To mobilize school, community and private sector social and health services support and resources in order to remove barriers that impede students learning.
Freire staff members are forward-thinking team players passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of urban youth. We seek candidates who value diversity, are highly motivated, and who will demand excellence from themselves and their team.
- Education Program Manager, HIAS PA
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.