FAO Schwarz Fellowship at the Barnes Foundation – Feb 10
Posted by Barnes Foundation on January 5, 2021
The FAO Schwarz Fellow will serve, coordinate, and deliver Barnes programing and events, and participate in initiatives to strengthen and diversify community program offerings connected to 2021–23 special exhibitions.
The FAO Schwarz Fellow will engage youth and family members through community-based initiatives, family activities, and public programs.
- Lead summer and year-round enrichment art workshops/activities with children ages 2 to 15 and their families based on research of Barnes collection.
- Co-present and support multidisciplinary art enrichment experiences.
- Guide and inform social justice themes in art making and public presenting activities.
- Provide technical and prep support to launch activities, including supply inventories, materials kits, scheduling, communications, data collection, grassroots outreach.
The FAO Schwarz Fellow will be engaged in a new initiative to strengthen community program offerings that connect to 2021–23 special exhibitions for our growing and diversifying audiences.
- Work with Community Engagement, Family, and Public Program directors to identify and implement program design norms for special exhibitions in collaboration with Curatorial, Education, and Research departments.
- Help our teams produce high-quality Community Engagement, Family, and Public Program experiences related to special exhibitions.
- Develop and lead one or two model workshop/project concepts for each of the special exhibitions for our Community Engagement, Family and Public programs.
- Campus Compact Student Design Fellowship – Oct 27
- Special Projects Manager (Remote), Campus Compact
- Student Engagement Coordinator (Remote), Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.