Family Empowerment Services Case Manager, Congreso de Latinos Unidos
Posted by Congreso de Latinos Unidos on February 26, 2018
The Family Empowerment Services (FES) Case Manager will handle those cases referred by schools, in-house Congreso referrals, DHS referrals or walk-ins by an individual or family seeking assistance. Services will be primarily geared towards providing social and structural supports that will strengthen families and prevent entry or re-entry into the formal child welfare system. The FES Case Manager will work directly under the supervision of the FES Coordinator or FES Program Manager.
Essential Program Functions
- Provide in home services to at risk families or individuals at a minimum of twice a month or as needed.
- Provide case management services (crisis intervention, advocacy, family assessment, and plan.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of client families.
- Promptly report all conflicts among client families, or serious incidents involving client and families within 24 hours of the incident.
- Provide services and support outside of the normal working hours to accommodate family’s needs when necessary.
- 24 hours on call availability to respond and support families during emergencies.
- Develop service plans for clients and families.
- Promptly document case work on appropriate forms.
- Maintain client records in an up-to-date manner and in accordance with DHS regulations.
- Regularly attend and actively participate in staff meetings, supervision, staff training sessions, case reviews, etc.
- Consistently keep updated client records in DHS and agency databases as required by program standards.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Career Pathway: Leadership/Management)
All Staff Competencies
- Basic understanding of Congreso’s mission, vision, values, programs and services, and business plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of the targeted community needs and demographics.
- Understanding of legal criteria for issues such as confidentiality, domestic abuse, child abuse, and mandated reporter requirements.
- Ability to provide nonviolent intervention with a high level of ethical standards of conduct, cultural sensitivity and within appropriate boundaries and limits.
- Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, UNIDAD, and customized databases.
- Adheres to all Congreso and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends all Congreso in-services as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Minimum Experience Preferred: 2-3 yrs. Case Management experience in providing supportive services in a community setting. Experience working with TANF recipients preferred. Familiar with the North Philadelphia/Latino community needs and knowledge of resources within the community. Understanding of legal criteria for issues such as confidentiality, domestic abuse, child abuse, and mandated reporter requirements. Ability to provide prevention services with a high level of ethical standards of conduct, cultural sensitivity and within appropriate boundaries and limits. Possesses strong interpersonal skills. Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, ETO software (agency database), and customized databases. Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.