Fall PHENND Meeting: Community Science for Sustainability – Sep 30
Posted by PHENND on July 20, 2021
Register now: Fall PHENND Meeting
Topic: Community Science for Sustainability
Thursday, September 30th
9:00AM – 12:00 PM
Location: Haverford College (and also Zoom)
Bryn Mawr Room in Dining Center
300 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA
The Fall PHENND Meeting is a chance for the entire PHENND Network to get together to share ideas, events, challenges, etc. It is also a time to hear from PHENND staff about their activities and opportunities for partnership in the coming academic year.
Additionally, the event will feature a presentation and activities related to our new and growing PHENND Sustainability network.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Diana Lugo, Gilliam Lorenzo, Dr. Rosalba Esquivel-Cote and Caitlin Brady from the Center for Participatory Research at CCATE (Centro de Cultura Arte Trabajo y Educacion) discussing their recent activities around soil testing and remediation in Norristown in partnership with Villanova University
- Dr. Carrie Nielsen, Assistant Professor of Biology, Cabrini University will discuss, “Teaching Environmental Justice Through a Community Soil Lead Testing Project,” based on her students’ work on lead testing of child care centers in partnership with Penn’s Center for Excellence in Environmental Toxicology. This is part of a course, “Environmental Justice.”
- Jen Britton, Director for Communications and Special Projects, University and Community Partnerships at Drexel University, on rethinking the IRB process to better support communities involved in research.
Registration is now open. Tickets are available for in-person attendance as well as Zoom attendance.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Information Session – Feb 21
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Information Session – Jan 10
- Meeting the Moment: University-School Partnerships to Address Pandemic Challenges – Jan 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.