Fair Districts Now: National Day of Advocacy – Mar 5
Posted by Andrew Goodman Foundation on March 2, 2021
Following the 2020 Census year, states across our country will begin redrawing district lines which directly impact our voting power. We know that gerrymandering disproportionately impacts communities of colors and is a pervasive tool of voter suppression.
Join us at the Fair Districts Now! National Day of Advocacy on March 5th from 5:00pm-7:00pm ET to use our collective power to call for fair district lines.
- A teach-in on the history of gerrymandering
- An Interactive training on how to propose community based solutions
- A legislative advocacy training
- A panel with electeds and other experts in the field
- A call to action featuring DJ Shay!!
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Free Webinar: Developing Student Voice through Gaming – Aug 11
- Fellows Program for Rising Sophomores Interested in Healthcare/Medicine Careers – Aug 9-20
- Webinar: Hiring and Retaining Diverse Talent – Aug 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.