Faculty Development Resources for Census Themed Assignments
Posted by HE-SL Listserv on October 22, 2019
Here are some resources for Census themed assignments:
- The Census is about Power and Money video.
- Rock the Vote has a free, one-period curriculum on the 2020 Census as one of the featured lesson plans in our Democracy Class initiative.
- Campus Compact just hosted a really excellent webinar around the Census on 9/26/19. (The recording doesn’t seem to be posted (yet?) but Dr. Falcón who teaches courses with embedded Census data/assignments and Dr. Whaley of James Madison U would be great first contacts, as would the other two excellent presenters.)
More in "New Resources"
- Podcast: 1 in 5, Experiences of Students Who Are Parents
- New Report: Monitoring Philadelphia’s Economic Recovery, June 2021
- Partnerships for Equity and Excellence: The Community School Strategy – Using American Rescue Act Funds
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.