Facilitator Train-the-Trainer Series
Posted by on April 28, 2014
Are you looking to connect with other Philadelphia-area trainers, educators, and organizers in a learning community?
Want to go a little more in-depth into the theory and practice of participatory education?
Interested in trying out some new approaches or improving some of your existing skills in a supportive and fun environment?
The Blue Door Group invites you to join us this June for a three-part train-the trainer series to explore and enhance your participatory training and facilitation skills!
Dates: Fridays, June 6th, 13th, and 20th*
Times: 8:45am -12:30pm
Location: Tabernacle Church, 3700 Chestnut Street
Cost: Sliding scale $75-150 for individuals, $200-300 for organizations (for 10.5 hours of training)
*Advance registration is required, and participants are expected to attend all three sessions.
To register, click here. Space is limited, so register soon!
See our FAQ below for more details, and please visit our website: http://www.thebluedoorgroup.net. Other questions? Email us at: email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
Who should attend?
Anyone who trains or facilitates and wants to think more critically about their work
What will you learn?
We’ll talk about topics including:
- trainer identity and connecting with your audience
- training theories
- workshop design
- facilitation skills & group dynamics
How will you learn?
Using participatory, interactive, experiential, and fun approaches to education – of course! Including…
- learning new interactive techniques to use in your training and facilitation work
- trying out multiple exercises and approaches and receiving feedback from trainers and other participants
- collaborating with other Philadelphia area trainers and facilitators, learning from them, and expanding your network!
Who is The Blue Door Group?
We are an education, training, and consulting group with the goal of infusing participatory approaches into movement-building, education, and training work in Philadelphia and beyond. We were previous founders and members of the Philadelphia Trainers’ Collaborative (PTC), a volunteer-run skill-sharing organization for trainers and educators. We build on PTC’s strengths by offering in-depth participatory skills development for trainers, facilitators, and organizers. We believe that the more tools we have to engage and activate people, and the more we can incorporate people’s wisdom and ideas into our organizations and communities, the more doors we can open together.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Online Workshop: Strategies for Using Concepts of Cultural Competence to Improve Teaching and Learning – Jun 26
- Tutor Training Course: Tutoring Digital Literacy with Northstar – Jun 3&17
- Organizing Your Workplace 101 Training – Jun 22
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.