Exploring Multicultural Education to Develop Communal Consciousness
National Association for Multicultural Education
19th Annual Conference
March 3-4, 2017
“Don’t let your schooling interfere with your education:” Exploring Multicultural Education to Develop Communal Consciousness
Special Presidents’ Panel
- Dr. John Anderson, Millersville University
- Dr. Lewis Thayne, Lebanon Valley College
- Dr. Kim Phipps, Messiah College
- Dr. Neil Weissman, Dickinson College
- Pre-Conference Guided Field trip to the Carlisle Indian Industrial School (for an additional modest cost.)
- Screening of the Documentary 40 Years Later, Now Can We Talk? including Q&A with the filmmaker
Lee Anne Bell
Barbara Silver Horowitz Director of Education
Bell’s scholarly work centers around issues of gender, race, and culture in educational settings and how these impact equity, access, and achievement in schools. Her publications focus on research in gender equity among racially diverse girls and women, theoretical and pedagogical work in social justice education, and research on racialization patterns in how “gatekeepers” in education and human services talk about race and racism. She has written Storytelling for Social Justice: Connecting Narrative and the Arts in Antiracist Teaching (Routledge, 2010).
Full Biography Link
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- New Play: Immigration & Family Unity – Jun 2
- Community Convening: Newcomer Immigrant Youth Learning Collaborative – Jun 16
- Zoom Event: SEPA Racial/Ethnic Studies Institute – Jun 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.