Executive Director, Summer Search
Posted by Summer Search Philadelphia on May 23, 2023
The Executive Director (ED) will lead the vision, overall strategy, and direction of Summer Search Philadelphia. The ED is the lead relationship and coalition-builder who ensures that Summer Search Philadelphia operates effectively and builds the Summer Search network in Philadelphia and beyond. The ED creates and grows the organizational infrastructure necessary to execute on the strategic direction and priorities, including creating work plans, preparing and monitoring the budget, and leading the staff team. The ED leads fundraising efforts, creates and maintains relationships with the additional Summer Search ED leaders and other Summer Search national staff, and is responsible for continuing to grow the students served by Summer Search Philadelphia. The ED actively supports the Summer Search CEO, the Chair of the Philadelphia Advisory Board and the Board itself in carrying out the mission of the organization. The ED of Summer Search Philadelphia understands the importance of DEI and how to imbed it in all facets of their work.
- Providing vision for Summer Search Philadelphia and leading the development of long-term strategy, execution, and annual work plans
- Strengthening organizational vision; developing and implementing plans and goals in partnership with the CEO, Chair and Board
- Leading the staff, providing clear direction, transparency, and ensuring strong accountability
- Maintaining excellent relations with our students, their families and the schools that are a part if the Summer Search Philadelphia community
- Developing an engagement and brand awareness which assures that Summer Search Philadelphia is representing the needs of the program and communities served, with reasonable resource development goals as an outcome
- The Summer Search Philadelphia Executive Director will play an integral role in the leadership and strategic vision of the entire Summer Search network; they will be a member of the Senior Management Team and serve as a leader in the Executive Director Cohort
- Representing the Summer Search brand and serving as the lead media spokesperson for Summer Search Philadelphia
- Advocating on behalf of Summer Search and helping educate the public about the need for and impact of youth mentorship
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Stoneleigh Foundation Emerging Leader Fellowship: Addressing the Trauma and Fear Arising from Gun and Community Violence in Philadelphia’s Asian Communities – Jun 9
- Manager, Dow Corporate Volunteer Program, LaSalle Nonprofit Center – Jul 24
- Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.