Executive Director, Northeast Family YMCA
Posted by YMCA of Philadelphia and Vicinity on October 1, 2018
What you’ll do:
- Manage fiscal operations and ensure attainment of budgetary objectives; manage all financial record keeping, trends and reporting. Analyze trends and determine cost effectiveness of programs and services. Ensure prudent fiscal management of all resources and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Build community resources through the cultivation and development of relationships. Actively engage members, volunteers and community leaders in the Y mission.
- Develop a productive board of volunteers and build effective leadership for the branch and mission. Effectively utilize resources in fund raising and community engagement planning.
- Develop and implement high quality programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Manage the activities and personnel in the development and delivery of programs and services. Recruit and develop staff and volunteers.
- Create a positive staff environment where diverse staff members can work together to provide programs and services. Develop and recognize staff to ensure continuous improvement, encouraging ongoing education and training of staff.
- Manage the physical plant of the facility and oversee the implementation of the preventative maintenance activities. Ensure that facility is maintained to provide positive image and member experience at all times.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5-10 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated success in fund raising.
- Leadership in branch operations/facility management required.
- Experience in developing and motivating volunteer staff.
Some benefits and perks of working at the Y:
Flexible work schedule, a free family membership, discounted programming, participation in the Y Retirement Fund, health and wellness benefits, and opportunities for continuing education and professional training and development.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.