Executive Director, Joseph’s House of Camden
Posted by Joseph's House of Camden on February 7, 2023
Joseph’s House of Camden is a faith-oriented organization providing shelter and social services to people in our community experiencing homelessness. We focus on those most in need, targeting people who are highly vulnerable, offering them shelter, food, and life-changing services. We are looking for an Executive Director to lead all aspects of our work, ensuring we continue to provide a safe and hospitable environment that fosters hope and practical solutions to homelessness.
This executive provides vision and direction working collaboratively with our staff of 25-30 as they manage their responsibilities for services that includes: development efforts, facility maintenance, ongoing case management, accommodating program guests’ needs, and volunteer engagement. The Executive will be responsible for all business aspects of a non-profit homeless shelter, especially finances; A/P and A/R, insurance, monthly close out and annual audit, all requiring the direct care of the Executive.
This is an exciting opportunity to assume the leadership of Joseph’s House working together with the Board of Managers to advocate for and improve the quality of life for our guests.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the mission of Joseph’s House through daily involvement with staff maintaining a disciplined focus
- Lead development effort, cultivating new funding sources and active involvement with existing donors
- Is responsible for planning, organizing, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs
- Develop and implement consistent financial cost accounting policies, procedures, and reporting/metrics
- Oversee and report on the organization’s outcomes for board of directors
- Work closely with and Chair of the Board of Managers across all functions of the organization
- Function as Human Resources leader becoming the organization’s leader of Human Capital
- Is knowledgeable of facility (building) operation, maintenance, providing a bright, clean, inviting facility
- Engage with all partner organizations, identifying, and growing additional partner opportunities
- Is a voice and advocate for homelessness in the greater South Jersey and Camden community at large
- Is direct supervisor of: Deputy Executive Director; Development Director, Operations Director, Office Assistant, Bookkeeper, and others to be determined
Executive Director Qualifications / Skills:
- Proven leader with successful track record who inspires their team, is transparent and compassionate
- Creative problem solver who takes imitative, organized, functioning best in a multi-tasking environment
- Critical attention to detail with a commitment to deliver on the respective responsibilities & expectations
- Ethical, moral, honest, always willing to ask for help
- Outstanding communication skills both written and oral
- Listener who can meet others at their level and through the organization
- Desire to understand and exceed all personal and organizational expectations while inspiring others
- Reasonable understanding of homelessness at various levels with an appetite to become an expert
- Track record of obtaining significant financial support from community business partners and government funders
- Proficient understanding of financial statements, banking, regulatory compliance
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Management preferred
- 5 or more years of non-profit management experience
All interested applicants are requested to provide materials to: email@example.com.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- HBCU Summer Fellowship, Defender Association of Philadelphia – Mar 31
- Narrative Change Strategist (Hybrid Position), Elon University
- Director, Children’s Community School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.