Executive Director (Half-time Position), PA Interfaith Power & Light – Aug 19
Posted by Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light on August 9, 2022
For the last decade Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light (PA IPL) has dedicated itself to supporting faith communities around the state of Pennsylvania to respond to the threat of climate change as a key moral issue of our time and to organizing faith communities around the work of climate justice. PA IPL is part of a broad national network of IPL organizations now based in nearly 40 states.
We are seeking a flexible, creative, and forward-thinking individual who can help guide PA IPL into the next decade, particularly with the work of expanding and deepening the organization’s base of support, helping to activate faith communities in advocacy and climate justice work, strengthening our organizational infrastructure, and serving as a public voice for interfaith climate work in the state.
Some of the specific qualities and skills we are seeking include:
- Interfaith collaboration, particularly someone who can draw from their personal faith commitment, and who has an ability to build relationships and bring together diverse faith communities across differences in service of faith-based climate change work.
- Written and oral communication, including comfort communicating PA IPL’s vision in a variety of contexts (faith-based organizations, conferences, etc.) as well as on-line and in social media.
- Community organizing, to help develop local chapters in Pennsylvania that will create meaningful programming for their areas.
- Management skills that enable them to work collegially with staff remotely, facilitate meetings, handle traditional non-profit management tasks (e.g. budgeting, program tracking, grants management), and comfortably use software and applications that are traditionally used in non-profit management (e.g CRM programs, Excel, Google Suite).
- Fundraising that includes experience with implementing campaigns, grant writing, building relationships with donors, and, working with the Board, make direct appeals.
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania and federal climate policy and issues and the ability to articulate intersections of faith, ethics, and climate policy.
Review of applications will begin August 19th, 2022.
- Policy Coordinator, Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project – Aug 29
- Data Coordinator, Netter Center for Community Partnerships
- Education Director, Puentes de Salud
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.