Executive Director, Curriculum and Instruction, School District of Philadelphia
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on June 8, 2021
Manages and oversees the work of the Directors and Curriculum specialists in grades K-12 in the content areas specified in the specialty listed below. Provides leadership in the areas of curriculum development, staff development, and the effective utilization of instructional materials. Monitors programmatic activities and ensures that they are in compliance with governmental mandates. Ensures that operations are in compliance with District policies as well as local, state and federal regulations. Formulates and implements new programs or expands existing programs in order to meet District goals and objectives.
- Oversees and directs the work of staff in the Office of Curriculum and Instruction; coordinates the planning and implementation of curricular programs and initiatives; develops plans that address continuous student improvement in response to District data.
- Oversees the coordination of local and state assessments.
- Researches current instructional practices and models for effective instruction.
- Oversees all of the’ professional development for alignment to the District’s anchor goals, guardrails and academic priorities.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments, institutions of higher education and other external organizations and agencies.
- Manages the implementation of special projects
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.