Executive Director, Centro Neuva Creacion
Posted by on September 23, 2013
CENTRO NUEVA CREACIÓN 185 W. Tioga Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140
215.426.8762 | www.goodlands.org
Job Title: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: 5-6 part-time staff, 2-3 part-time teaching artists, 5-10 interns and volunteers Position: 40 hours per week and some evening and weekend commitments Compensation: Annual salary range of $35,000 to $45,000 based on experience, plus competitive benefits
About the Position: Centro Nueva Creación seeks an Execuitve Director (ED) to lead and grow our youth-focused, community-based, nonprofit organization. The ED is responsible for providing visionary leadership, overseeing the development and implementation of all programs and services, and managing all staff members, teaching artists, interns, and volunteers. The ED ensures that program objectives and activities adhere to the organizational mission to promote resilience in young people through educational enrichment and engagement with the arts and Latino cultures.
Summary of Responsibilities: The Executive Director (ED) will be responsible for the organization’s day-to-day operations, financial sustainability, and plan for its growth by: -Working with the board, staff, and consultants to develop a long-range strategic plan for the organization, as well as annual operating plans. -Leading and managing all aspects of the organization’s financial performance, including: fundraising; monitoring monthly cash flow; and working with the board and consultants to create and implement a diversified development plan. -Leading and managing all aspects of the organization’s operations, including: the development, oversight, and growth of the organization’s programs and services; evaluation of programs and services; outreach and external relations; strategic partnerships; marketing and communications; facility maintenance and capital projects; board relations; and overall human resources management.
● 3+ years of experience as a successful leader in the nonprofit sector, government, private sector or education
● A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
● Demonstrated experience working with urban, low income communities
● Demonstrated experience managing the day-to-day operations of a direct service organization
● Ability to raise and manage funds required
● Preferred knowledge of and familiarity with the Philadelphia out-of-school time initiative and the Philadelphia arts and cultural landscape
● Experience working in a Latino community or knowledge of Latino cultures
● Experience with program evaluation including ability to measure and track programmatic and student success
● Strong networking skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong presentation and public speaking skills
● Sufficient comfort and understanding with technology to use it to advance initiatives and improve operations
● Dedication to continual professional development of self and others
● Knowledge of the Spanish language required, proficiency strongly preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to Angela Jubinville at [email protected].
- Learn more about Rebuild’s skilled trades Winter 2024 academies – Jan 9
- Special Assistant to the President/CEO and Board Liaison, Philadelphia Education Fund
- Learning & Outreach Coordinator, Hope Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.