Executive Assistant to the CEO and Office Manager, Phila Ed Fund
Posted by Philadelphia Education Fund on October 17, 2016
Executive Assistant to the CEO and Office Manager
Reports to: President and CEO Full-time Exempt Member, Executive Team
Summary : The Philadelphia Education Fund seeks a poised, detail-oriented, and personable individual to serve as the Executive Assistant to the CEO and Office Manager. This newly-created position offers the right individual the opportunity to be part of the team leading the growth of the City’s premier education nonprofit, while executing on essential administrative responsibilities, identifying and implementing opportunities for process and systems improvement, and supporting and serving alongside the Philadelphia Education Fund’s dynamic and innovative Executive Team, President and CEO, and Board of Directors.
The duties of the Executive Assistant to the CEO and Office Manager include executing on key tasks in a manner that increases overall organizational efficiency, supports the President and CEO in a professional and confidential manner, manages the coordination of key donor, board and committee meetings, and delivers on cross-departmental administrative needs.
Executive and Board Support Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant to the CEO and Office Manager provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. S/he serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. S/he also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and support to the Executive Team; organizes and coordinates the CEO’s calendar, and oversees special projects, as assigned.
Under this area of responsibility, the candidate will… Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President and CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel related meetings.
Serve as the liaison to the Board of Directors and its Committees providing high-level administrative tasks, which include coordinating meeting logistics, scheduling, recording minutes, with direction from the President and CEO preparing agenda and distributing timely materials for board meetings; maintaining board records and correspondence; ensuring Committee and Board follow up and communication; working with committee chairs on meeting schedules and priorities for the coming year; maintaining and updating board binder and supporting recruiting and onboarding of new board members.
Office Coordination and Management Serving as a support to the overall Philadelphia Education Fund team, the Executive Assistant and Office Manager will execute on cross-departmental administrative functions that will enable program staff to deliver on routine tasks at higher levels of efficiency.
Under this area of responsibility, the candidate will… Open and process all incoming mail; ensure receipts are logged and distributed timely to appropriate staff; and maintain confidentiality when processing correspondence.
· Provide logistical support for planned departmental events, organizational meetings and workshops with such support to include securing venues, coordinating catering, managing RSVPs, and assisting with gathering of event-related materials.
· Identify, recommend, and implement process improvement opportunities with potential for positive agency-wide impact that will lead to improved organizational efficiency.
· Provide administrative support to facilitate the coordination and execution of cross departmental special projects.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Qualifications :
· BA or BS, required
· 7+ years of administrative experience; Experience supporting a busy executive or executive team and a board of directors.
· Effective and skilled communicator in verbal and written form; Talent in visual design and layout, a plus.
· Ability to conduct oneself with a high degree of tact, professionalism and discretion.
· Exemplary organizational skills. Must enjoy planning complex projects and executing on them in a timely manner. Must also be comfortable holding others accountable to team project timelines, as needed
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, deal with interruptions and produce high quality results quickly and on time
· Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and in a team
· Critical thinking, problem solving, accuracy and attention to detail
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
- Project Manager, Connect the Dots – Feb 6
- Program Manager, SAADA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.