Executive Assistant, Springboard Collaborative
Posted by Springboard Collaborative on May 28, 2019
Picture a child’s time as an orange. Their classroom experience is a wedge from which the education field is fixated on squeezing more juice. Springboard helps schools juice the rest of the orange, dramatically improving outcomes by harnessing the untapped potential in family engagement.
Low-income parents—often perceived as liabilities rather than as assets—have been left out of the teaching process. With limited access to learning time, their children make slow academic progress during the school year, and they experience chronic regressions over the summer.
Springboard Collaborative closes the literacy gap by closing the gap between home and school. We envision a world in which all children have the literacy skills to access life opportunities. Springboard offers summer, afterschool, and in-school programs that combine personalized instruction for Pre-K through 3rd graders, workshops training parents to teach reading at home, and professional development for teachers.
Since launching 6 years ago, Springboard has scaled from 40 students to over 8,000. Our programs consistently deliver best-in-class results, showcased in these interactive infographics. Weekly parent training workshops average 90%+ attendance and were featured in the New York Times, PBS, and Forbes. We are out ahead of the field proving a simple but powerful truth: parents’ love for their children is the single greatest and most underutilized natural resource in education.
About the opportunity
Springboard Collaborative invites talented and passionate candidates to apply for the position of Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for making the CEO’s life easier. A successful candidate will be a strong communicator, an adaptable learner, a good multitasker, and possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and flexibility.
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the CEO, President, Project Manager, and Sr. Development Associate. This is a great opportunity to support an entrepreneurial team in maximizing the impact of a rapidly growing organization.
Calendaring and scheduling:
- Schedule external meetings for the senior leadership team (CEO & President)
- Add onboarding sessions to senior leadership calendars for incoming employees
- Make travel arrangements for senior leadership team (CEO & President)
- Manage senior leadership team’s calendars: keep an eye out for double bookings, decline events during time off; reschedule meetings when necessary
- Proactively address calendar conflicts; reach out directly about urgent calendar changes
- Follow up persistently with invitees to events to confirm
- Proactively manage CEO’s schedule
- External communication/outreach:
- Follow up with external stakeholders via calls & email
- Coordinate with office staff of external stakeholders
- Draft VIP emails
- Ensure CEO’s Salesforce contacts are added to MailChimp
- Research upcoming conferences and provide CEO with breakdown of attendees
- Tag and submit expenses for the CEO
- Research to find contact info for external folks
- Save new contacts and accounts in Salesforce
- Add affiliations to Salesforce contacts
- Complete administrative tasks delegated from Sr. Development Associate and President
- Create fundraising opportunities in Salesforce; keep Salesforce and Asana records accurate, complete, and tidy
- Process notes: get them into Dropbox, Salesforce, Asana, etc., appropriately
- Write the abstract for notes; draft internal communications
- Manage CEO’s Asana inbox; alert him to urgent items, ensure work gets to the right team member
- Submit conference registration information
- Submit expenses to external partners when applicable
- Act as gatekeeper for CEO’s schedule
- Coordinate CEO and President’s schedules
- Attend internal meetings to act as liaison for CEO
- Be attentive to and support CEO’s goals and organization goals
- Review and report on relevant data
- Prioritize goals when calendaring
- Prioritize communications and alert CEO and President to important items
- Provide CEO and President with weekly synthesis of past week
- Provide CEO with snapshot of upcoming week
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communication: An ability to actively communicate, inspire, and motivate all levels of staff; articulate and analyze Springboard language; responsive to all forms of communication.
- Relationship builder: Deft, proactive, and persistent relationship-builder. Communicative and responsive to all internal & external stakeholders, with 100% follow through and no dropped balls.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail with a keen eye during the revision process. Willingness to double-check work and to actively seek ways to improve work
- Multitasking: Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Adaptable learner: who can understand Springboard’s internal and external audiences; demonstrate a keen ability to tailor messaging to multiple audiences; adjust content and design according to recipient so that resources can be used in various contexts by various team members; respond with ease to feedback from internal team members
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
Required skills, qualifications, and characteristics:
- Minimum of a B.A./B.S.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Google Suite) and ability to learn new systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Quick to respond
- Quick learner
- Able to proactively make informal communications with colleagues
This is a full-time position. Springboard Collaborative will offer salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Springboard’s main offices are located in Center City, Philadelphia, PA. Applications are welcome from any location; however, the ideal applicant will be able to commute to Philadelphia. Preference will be given to applicants who are in the East Coast time zone or are willing to align to EST schedules.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to email@example.com.
APPLY FOR JOB
- Community Educator, Women Against Abuse
- Programs Assistant (Part-Time), PACDC
- Guest and Protection Services Associate (Part-time), Barnes Foundation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.