Event Coordination Intern, Sustainable Business Network
Posted August 1, 2017
Job Title: Event Coordination Intern
Expected Commitment: Part time (flexible)
Term: Three months (September-December)
Start date: September 4, 2017
Reports to: Member Services Manager
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) seeks a part-time Event Coordination Intern to assist the Member Services Manager with managing a calendar of networking and education events, as well as SustainaBall, SBN’s annual fundraising gala.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with researching and securing venues
• Assist with securing caterers and selecting menus
• Coordinate speaker logistics
• Suggest and secure entertainment and other support staff (e.g., photographer)
• Assist with event promotions (e.g., creating event websites and e-communications)
• Help prepare onsite registration materials and other collateral
• Serve as an onsite contact during events (supporting the Member Services Manager)
• Coordinate and participate in post-event debriefings
• Outgoing, pleasant, and professional demeanor
• Team player; adaptive; proactive
• Comfortable working with vendors such as caterers, venue contacts, and other event staff
• Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; website content management and/or social media experience a plus
• Strong administrative and organizational skills, including meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and database applications
• Commitment to SBN’s mission
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample (no more than 2 pages) to Wendy Metzgar at email@example.com.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Juvenile Diversion Academic Internship
- Explore STEM Philly-Chester Seeking STEM Volunteers
- College, Career, and Community Fair Partner Registration – Oct 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.