ESL Home Healthcare Certification Program
Posted by 1199C Training Fund on August 14, 2017
Please spread the word about this terrific opportunity for ESL students interested in healthcare careers. This program provides home healthcare education with ESL and workforce support and locates employment with bi-lingual healthcare providers! Deadline for applications: September 15
Free ESL Home Healthcare Certification Program at District 1199C: Enroll Now for October 2017
For Speakers of English as a Second Language (from non-English speaking countries)
Applicants: apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 215-568-2580–write or state “HHA” in subject line or voicemail message.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Have a 5th-8th grade English reading level [CASAS B/C level, scale: 220-235]
• Be able to attend all scheduled classes
• Have a social security number and be eligible to work in the U.S.
• No criminal record
• Have satisfactory medical clearance
• Preferred, but not required: high school diploma or GED, from any country
• Be able to lift 50 lbs. and walk varied distances on a regular basis
• Have strong listening and speaking skills for communication with employers and clients
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Event: Understanding Financial Aid Offers – Feb 1
- 31st Annual African American Children’s Book Fair – Feb 11
- Rutgers-Camden Black History Month Events – Feb 1,2,9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.