Equity in Philanthropy: Abolition, Reform, Expansion – Jan 11
Posted by La Salle Nonprofit Center on November 23, 2021
We are excited to bring you this special program, which will explore the past, present, and future of the philanthropic ecosystem and the threads of inequities that continue to plague it. This series includes three distinct yet interconnected sessions that will take you on an exploration of equitable philanthropy. With three diverse and experienced facilitators as your guides, you will consider various aspects of the philanthropic ecosystem. Which aspects are irreparably broken and need to be abolished? Which could benefit from reform? Where is healthy and equitable philanthropy flourishing, and how can these philosophies and practices be shared, expanded, and fostered?
Registration for the full series gives you access to an additional group consulting session and a moderated panel discussion, but you can also register for any of the initial 3 sessions individually.
- Session 1 – From Root to Ritual: The Systemic & Historical Characteristics of Inequity in Philanthropy – 1/11/2022 – 9am-12pm
- Session 2 – Activating Your Leadership to Disrupt the Status Quo – 1/25/2022 – 9am-12pm
- Session 3 – Philanthropy As Political Activism: De-Centering the Donor, Re-Centering the Community – 2/8/2022 – 9am-12pm
- Consulting Session – 2/23/2022 – 9am-10:30am
- Panel Discussion – 3/1/2022 – 12pm-1pm
The series is $345 for members, $395 for non-members. Sessions 1, 2 and 3 individually are $79 for members, $85 for non-members. More information and registration is online here. Space at the sessions will be limited to help facilitate discussion among participants, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Online Event: A conversation with Philadelphia250 CEO Danielle Delio Kim – May 25
- Next Step: From Freedom to Equity Walk-A-Thon and Health Fair – May 21
- Summer 2022 Engineering Education Ecosystem (E3) Program: Workshops for Teachers
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.