Elementary Program K-5 Lead Teacher, Honickman Learning Center
Posted by Project HOME on April 23, 2018
Part time Teacher for high quality after school and summer enrichment program in state of the art technology center. Teachers plan and implement lessons that include project based learning for academic and life skills enrichment in Out of School Time program. An evidence-based literacy program, and many additional resources are available to support creative and innovative programming. Teacher collaborates with staff, parents and volunteers.
Hours are 3:00 – 6:00pm during school year. Additional 1hr/day paid prep period with flexibility to complete prep (lesson planning and preparation) on site 2-3:00, 6-7:00 or remotely.
Hours are 8am – 4pm during 6 week summer enrichment program.
Location is Honickman Learning Center-Comcast Technology Labs (N. Phila: 1936 N. Judson St.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Create and nurture a welcoming, supportive and cooperative relationship with children, parents and staff
· Prepare and submit weekly lessons plans
· Plan and implement daily lesson plans designed to provide after school enrichment, increasing literacy and life skills
· Plan and implement at least 4 out of school time structured activity units each school year
· Assist in recruitment and retention of students for K-8 program
· Collaborate with the Assistant Teacher in delivery of lessons and activities
· Provide technology lessons to ensure that appropriate grade level skills are mastered
· Maintain accurate daily attendance
· Collaborate with Manager, the K-8 staff team and teachers to ensure that students’ individualized needs are appropriately addressed
· Assist with student transportation to the program, as needed
· Maintain an orderly classroom
· Assist with set-up and clean-up at afterschool meal time
· Communicate with IT helpdesk regarding IT needs
· Assist with planning, arranging and supervising students on field trips
· Participate in required professional development programs, staff meetings and parent meetings
· Bachelor Degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education
· Child care experience
· Good communication skills (verbal & written)
· Awareness of Developmental Needs of Elementary school students
· Good computer skills
· Valid driver’s license
- Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
- Youth EduSoccer Coach, Safe-Hub
- Project Director, Advancing Equity Through Public Safety – Feb 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.