Elementary/Middle Afterschool STEM Fellows Program Professional Development Opportunity – Sep 28
Posted by Philadelphia Education Fund on September 20, 2022
The Philadelphia Education Fund’s (PEF’s) Elementary/Middle Afterschool STEM Fellows Program is a professional development series designed for Elementary and Middle School District of Philadelphia (SDP) staff who work in public schools and wish to take their programs from concept to execution. We are seeking individuals who wish to enhance an existing or create a new afterschool program, administer programs or work directly with students. PEF’s McKinney Center for STEM Education will offer hands-on learning, peer support, and an opportunity to complete a practical Capstone Project.
- Equip participants with content knowledge and skillsets to design, administer and implement afterschool STEM programming.
- Offer program participants a network of peers through which to receive feedback and support.
- Cultivate students’ STEM content knowledge and interest in STEM careers.
- Design original Capstone Projects for an afterschool program using our nuts & bolts template
- This 6-week course is for elementary and middle school teachers.
- Each session will be held virtually on zoom on Tuesdays from 6:30-8pm; October 11, 18, 25 and November 1, 8 and 15.
- Each course will accommodate up to 30 participants and offer compensation by the SDP at your PD rate, a $100 stipend for supplies, a community of practice, online resources, and Act 48 credits.
- Participants must commit to attending all sessions and submit a Capstone Project. There may be some work required out of class time.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities Virtual Open House – Feb 9
- School Museums of Service and Service-Learning Visioning Session – Feb 16
- Youth Development Workforce Survey
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.