Educational Programs Manager
The Educational Programs Manager is responsible for the development, management, evaluation, and marketing of all educational programs. This includes but is not limited to school programs, adult, family and weekend, tours, workshops and outreach programs. The incumbent assists with writing educational materials for various ages to publicize the educational programs. In addition, the incumbent analyzes existing programs and materials, develops new programs, and assists with the development and creation of exhibits.
The Educational Programs Manager is responsible for the following:
- Developing program budgets, teaching classes, recruiting and training volunteers, maintaining educational supplies, and writing final narrative and financial reports on the programs.
- Training volunteers and staff to assist with programs.
- Evaluating, planning, and promoting “Stubby” Visits, programs, and any other public programming.
- Developing school programs and thematic tours, training staff and volunteers teach programs, and leading tours of the Museum.
- Working with the Executive Director by suggesting, planning, designing, implementing and/or supervising the implementation of public educational programs, workshops and events both in-house and outreach. This duty includes developing and maintaining budgets, selecting speakers and programs, writing and overseeing the design and production of invitations and promotional literature and press releases and supervising the event and writing final narrative and financial reports.
- Seeking partnerships with area schools and educational resources to expand the Museum audience and community outreach.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a master marketing plan which includes developing an annual calendar of events, writing and mailing press releases and purchasing advertisements as appropriate to market all aspects of the Museum including the museum store, programs and events, group tours and bus tours. This includes developing and maintaining a marketing budget, overseeing the production of marketing materials (including writing them, hiring designers or printers to ensure content and consistency of messages) and mailing them.
- Analyzing, improving and promoting visitor services, attendance and conducting visitor surveys as necessary.
- Assistant Teacher (Part-Time), New Foundations Charter School
- CARES Afterschool Assistant Teacher (Part-Time), New Foundations Charter School
- 1 on 1 Personal Care Assistant (Full-Time), New Foundations Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.