Education Specialist – LGBTQ IPV, Mazzoni Center
Posted by Mazzoni Center on March 21, 2023
Job Summary: This position is housed in the Education Department of Mazzoni Center and will work primarily within the education team. They will develop and facilitate LGBTQ+ and interpersonal violence (IPV) competency trainings and groups with a focus on intersectional trauma-informed care and LGBTQ-affirming practices. The goal of this position is to strengthen intersectional, LGBTQ+ competent care among service providers and increase access for survivors to LGBTQ+ competent resources.
- Collaborate with Department of Justice (DOJ) subgrantee and/or contractor to develop, update, facilitate, and evaluate DOJ grant funded curricula as needed
- With other DOJ-funded team members, develop and facilitate interpersonal violence and LGBTQ+ competency trainings and community education groups with a focus on trauma-informed, LGBTQ-affirming practices
- Contribute to awareness month programming (such as Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and/or Pride Month) focusing on LGBTQ+ survivors of interpersonal violence with other DOJ-funded team member(s). Co-lead LGBTQ+ Coalition to address interpersonal violence through developing and implementing training and education. Collaborate with professionals internally and externally when appropriate to develop effective, quality trainings
- Maintain all communications with individuals or institutions who request trainings, ensuring all necessary information is approved by both parties including training content, scheduling, presenter information, training requirements, cost, etc.
- Manage all scheduling of DOJ-funded education applicable to established goals and objectives
- Coordinate with organizations and organize all equipment and educational materials needed for trainings
- Provide relevant resources and supportive strategies to external partners that support their efforts to increase their LGBTQ+ IPV competency
- Organize and maintain continuing education accreditation records, documentation, and reports, as determined by Education Manager
- Support Mazzoni Center’s internal professional development programming
- Support Education Manager in grant data management and provide ongoing program evaluation
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- HBCU Summer Fellowship, Defender Association of Philadelphia – Mar 31
- Narrative Change Strategist (Hybrid Position), Elon University
- Director, Children’s Community School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.