Education Manager (Part-time), Historic Fair Hill
Posted by Historic Fair Hill on January 4, 2022
Historic Fair Hill seeks a passionate and community-driven educator to coordinate education programs in partner schools and at our historic site in Fairhill, North Philadelphia. The position includes teaching children and adults, coordinating the work of volunteers, supervising staff, and facilitating community classes.
Historic Fair Hill is a 28 year old non-profit that maintains a 5 acre historic site, supports community revitalization projects, and serves as a school partner in the School District of Philadelphia. The peacemaking green space serves as an outdoor classroom with trips and classes related to the Underground Railroad, nature studies, and wellness activities. We open school libraries and provide bilingual literacy support to students and families.
The education manager will work in collaboration with these schools and coordinate site-based programming.
- Supervise school staff
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Coordinate field trips
- Oversee youth internship program
- Support community education and wellness programming
- Be responsive to needs and interests of neighbors
- Collaborate with leadership team Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Education or related field
- Experience supervising/coaching staff
- Ability to inspire children and adults
- Demonstrated skill in managing projects
- Interest in nature education and urban gardening
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Comfortable communicating in Spanish and English
Hours: $20-$24 per hour based on experience
This is a grant funded position that will start part time with the potential to expand to full time. Flexible hours and ability to work some hours remotely.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter that includes your interest and educational philosophy to email@example.com with the subject line EDUCATION MANAGER.
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning Consultant (RFI) – Aug 8
- Managing Director of Program Strategies, Steppingstone Scholars
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.