Education Manager, National Constitution Center
Posted by National Constitution Center on October 2, 2017
National Constitution Center: Our Vision
The National Constitution Center (Center) envisions a more perfect union where “We the People” know our Constitution, celebrate our freedoms, embrace our role as citizens and inspire the world.
National Constitution Center: Our Mission
We serve as America’s leading platform for constitutional education and debate, fulfilling our Congressional charter, “to disseminate information about the U.S. Constitution on a non-partisan basis.”
The National Constitution Center is seeking an Education Manager. As a member of the Education Department, the Education Manager is responsible for writing, developing, and evaluating instructional materials related to the Interactive Constitution. The perfect candidate will support the education team’s leadership and vision of programs and initiatives pertaining to curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development associated with use of the Interactive Constitution as a classroom instructional tool. Responsibilities include supporting all programs based on the Center’s mission, strategic plan, and pedagogy as well as curriculum and academic standards.
The manager will assist in the development and execution of strategies for increasing meaningful, national audience engagement and increased use of the Center’s online educational resources through the Center’s website, social networks, and other digital platforms. This includes online teacher workshops, educator e-newsletters, maintaining the Center’s presence on third party lesson plan sharing websites, presenting at educator conferences, communicating with the Center’s Educator Network, and other initiatives as identified and developed.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Create instructional materials, including lesson plans, effectively utilizing the Center’s Interactive Constitution.
· Expand audience engagement strategies utilizing digital media with sustained nationwide interest in classroom application of the Interactive Constitution.
· Work with Education and Constitutional Studies staff to conceptualize, write, distribute, and evaluate a range of dynamic, web-based, educational initiatives including web forums, teacher and student resources, and offerings collaboratively developed with scholars, guest presenters, and other organizations.
· Implement and maintain a database of digital programs and resources. Coordinate implementation of online initiatives and utilization of digital assets.
· Work closely with senior Education staff to conceptualize, develop, and evaluate effective online, digital media and mobile strategies as tools for interpreting content about acquisitions, exhibitions; engage scholars, curatorial and audience insights and other multidisciplinary perspectives where relevant.
· Conceptualize, teach, and coordinate courses and workshops utilizing the Interactive Constitution and other National Constitution Center content.
· Advocate for and ensure the accessibility of online and digital media projects for diverse student audiences.
· Calculate the Education Department’s online engagement numbers served each quarter.
· Assess the educational effectiveness of the Center’s online teaching and learning resources through a wide range of measurement and assessment strategies.
- Development Director, Challenge Program
- Assistant OR Associate Director for Student Formation and Community Engagement
- Program Coordinator, Center for the Common Good, Villanova University – Dec 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.