Education Group Leader, Lenfest Center
Posted by Lenfest Center on August 25, 2014
Posted on: August 14, 2014
This is a unique opportunity for a highly qualified individual to assist in the implementation of innovative out-of-school programs for youths in grades K-8. The Education Group Leader will work closely with the Education Coordinator to manage a year-round educational and enrichment curriculum. Candidates must have experience working with youth, must be comfortable interacting with youth of all ages and backgrounds, and must be passionate about helping youth reach their full academic and intellectual potential.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
1. Responsible for the day-to-day management of a specific age group within the Lenfest Learners program. Implement curriculum and work towards goals set by Education Coordinator.
2. Assist in planning and supervision of non-academic activities and clubs
3. Provide supervision for field trips and special events
4. Implement rewards/consequences system with students.
5. Provide Education Coordinator and Counselor with any pertinent information for student portfolios, parent meetings, or disciplinary issues.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fluid environment with different projects and challenges arising daily.
- Must be comfortable working in both collaborative and individual settings.
- Must pass a criminal background screening.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Training and Job Opportunities: Access Services Associate, Penn Medicine – Aug 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.