Economic Education Specialist, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Posted by Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia on April 21, 2020
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
- Presents programs that better educate the public about the purposes and functions of the Federal Reserve, the Bank’s role in the regional economy and local communities, economics principles, and personal financial capability. Designs and implements professional development programs for K-12 teachers. Engages the general public and school groups through the Bank’s public exhibit. Develops print and digital resources aimed at better informing the general public and students about economics and personal finance.
- Designs and implements economic and personal education training programs for educators.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with school entities (schools, districts, boards of education) and state councils and teacher associations on economic education and social studies, business education, family and consumer sciences, and career and technical education to promote the teaching of economics and personal finance in the K-12 classroom.
- Participates in activities with various economic education, personal finance, and consumer organizations within the District.
- Coordinates the delivery of programming and content to the general public and school groups through the Reserve Bank’s public exhibit.
- Addresses audiences on general economic topics and on the role and functions of the Bank and the Federal Reserve System.
- Responds to public requests for information on economic and personal financial education topics.
- Promotes a better understanding of the economy and monetary policy by developing internal and external programs on economics and personal finance topics for educators, employees, and the general public.
- Promotes economic and personal financial education by developing presentations for use by other Fed staff.
- Writes lesson plans and other materials on economic and personal financial literacy for use by K-12 teachers.
- Assists other department staff with the presentation of programs and conferences, as needed.
- Works individually or in a group to identify, communicate, and implement changes and initiatives with the goal of improving the quality of the department`s operations or products.
- Fulfills job duties and responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices.Performs other related duties as assigned.
Learn more and apply: https://www.philadelphiafed.org/careers/job-openings
- Associate Director (2 Positions), Civic House, UPenn – Jun 5
- Associate Director, Workforce & Economic Impact, Drexel – May 29
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.