ECMC Annual Report
Posted by ECMC Foundation on February 9, 2021
In January the ECMC Foundation president wrote about the role of higher education and its inextricable link to a strong democracy. We know, especially after a year of unusual challenges and discord, it is impossible to predict the future. But, more than ever, we know that the best way forward is together.
What 2020 taught us is that the most effective emergency preparedness is trust. In our 2020 Annual Report you will see examples of how ECMC Foundation and our partners activated this foundation of trust to quickly mobilize resources and use innovative thinking in response to a crisis. 2020 was not without its challenges—but we are also proud of the progress we made together:
- 52% increase in the number of grants we made, totaling 443 grants
- 182 new organizations added to our portfolio
- $5 million more allocated to grants than in previous year
- 4 Big Strategic Bets to help:
- Fix the broken transfer pipeline with the launch of the Catalyzing Transfer Initiative
- Close equity gaps in online CTE with a “CoLab” coalition
- Create innovative financing models for reskilling and retraining America’s workforce
- Explore transformational partnerships among institutions
You can read more about our recent efforts in our new 2020 Annual Report. We will likely look back on 2020 as the end of one era and the beginning of another. We came together as one foundation, aligned to our shared values and committed to our shared future.
More in "New Resources"
- College Signing Day Virtual Summit 2021 Recording
- Supporting College Students with Experience in Foster Care
- The Real Price of College: How Using the Negative Expected Contribution Can Better Support Students
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.