Early Childhood Special Projects Associate, Children First
Posted by Children First on January 4, 2022
Children First is looking to expand the early childhood education team by adding a special projects associate who will work closely with the ECE director and the rest of the ECE team on advocacy to increase access to and quality of early childhood education programs in Pennsylvania. The special projects associate will have the opportunity to work on projects that advance the racial equity agenda of the ECE team, which include but are not limited to working on a racial equity provider council, research projects, meetings with key legislators, and more. This is a great entry-level job for someone who is interested in learning more about policy and advocacy.
- Organize the logistics of advocacy campaigns and research projects related to the ECE policy agenda.
- Conduct background research, including literature reviews to support the development of research products.
- Schedule meetings with key community stakeholders as well as state and congressional lawmakers.
- Facilitate communications, write up agendas and meeting minutes.
- Collect data and track measurable outcomes for grant reporting.
- Assist in writing reports for funders and advocacy efforts.
- Attend weekly ECE team meetings with the ECE director.
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
- Summer Program Instructor, Workshop School
- Be a Philly pool hero: lifeguard training now open
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.