Drive for SEPTA as a Bus Operator + Free CDL Training – Oct 6
Posted by West Philadelphia Skills Initiative on October 5, 2021
Who Should Apply?
Customer-service superstars who have had a valid driver’s license for at least the last three years, with open schedule availability, and who possess an interest in growing a career at SEPTA. Training is online, but testing is in-person. Commitment to the full training schedule (below) is a must:
- Facilitated group conversations Monday – Friday, 11/1 – 12/10, 9am – 12pm
- Additional one on one and small group virtual meetings several times a week between 1pm – 3pm
- Approximately 2 hours of daily reading and reflection exercises
- CDL testing at PennDOT locations
This program is online, so consistent access to a laptop or desktop computer, broadband internet, a webcam, and a word processing program like Microsoft Word, Google Documents, or similar are essential to training completion.
What is WPSI?
The West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) designs and runs programs which connect you to the tools and supports needed to build to build a career that is meaningful to you.
All applicants must:
- Live in Philadelphia
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Be unemployed
- Provide proof of having received the COVID-19 vaccine by 10/22/21
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for at least the last three years
- Have complete schedule flexibility if hired by SEPTA
In this program we offer:
- Cutting-edge job connection strategies resulting in 95% of graduates finding employment.
- A $150 weekly stipend while enrolled in the program.
- No-cost CDL training and testing.
- The opportunity to interview for Bus Operator openings with SEPTA.
Application deadline: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 5:00 PM
- Director of Travel and Recreational Programs, Kensington Soccer
- 2022-2023 FoodCorps Service Year
- Manager, Health Programs, AFAHO
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.