Diversity in STEM at The Franklin Institute: Volunteer with us!
Posted by Franklin Institute on January 12, 2018
Are you and your team interested in participating in an upcoming event at The Franklin Institute that strives to raise awareness of the diversity in the sciences?
As part of a broader strategy to celebrate diversity year-round, we plan to host events that showcase both contributions of visionary scientists and engineers who were among the minority in their fields as well as the current local professionals who have followed in their footsteps.
Interested in inspiring the next generation of scientists and engineers? Looking for a great outreach experience for your team? We need your help!
We want to make sure that guests have the opportunity to interact with and be inspired by the diversity among current STEM professionals. We are seeking individuals who can providing a hands-on activity at one or more of the programs, which are as follows:
- Color of Science – February 17, 2018
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day – February 24, 2018
- Women in Science – March 17, 2018
Additional details and next steps:
- Events run 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and each activity should have no fewer than two people staffing them at a time. You are welcome to split the day with your team.
- Don’t have an activity in mind? No problem! We’re happy to help and can either provide something for your team or coach you as you develop one.
- We will host a prep call for all participating partners two weeks prior to each event to review the programs and ensure that you have the information you need to make the day a success!
If you are interested in participating, email Mickey Maley, Assistant Director of Public Programs at The Franklin Institute for more information: email@example.com
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Write Away Digital Literacy Mentorship Program: Mentors Needed – Jan 31
- Accepting Applications: Swipe Out Hunger’s Inaugural Leadership Council
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.