Director, Women’s Outreach and Advocacy Center, Community College of Philadelphia
Posted by Community College of Philadelphia on November 9, 2021
The Director, Women’s Outreach and Advocacy Center provides leadership and advocacy in the development of programs, services, and research that addresses the needs, interests, and concerns of women students at the College. The Director oversees the operation of the Women’s Outreach and Advocacy Center and ensures its growth and development as a resource and referral center for women. This position also works with internal and external partners to enhance the campus climate for women (with an emphasis on gender and equity).
- Provide leadership in the development of programs, services, and research that addresses the needs, interests, and concerns of women at the College; work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students in developing co-curricular activities.
- Solicit programmatic ideas from faculty, students, and staff; recruit speakers, format programs, manage program logistics and develop marketing materials for each program.
- Plan educational programming regarding women’s issues, which includes designing and implementing programs that address current issues and helping to raise awareness about the impact of the issues on students’ ability to manage their academic and social lives, recruiting speakers, formatting programs, managing program logistics and developing marketing materials that help to promote programs.
- Raise awareness on campus about domestic violence, sexual assault and violence, and family-related issues through design, implementation, and marketing of targeted programs.
- Serve as project manager for grant-related programs to ensure compliance with federal and institutional policies; monitor grant budgets and staff.
- Participate in grant writing proposals with the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Serve as liaison with social services agencies such as Women Against Abuse, Women Organized Against Rape, Women in Transition, People’s Emergency Center, etc. to establish partnerships and strengthen referral support for women students and other women at the College.
- Collaborate with Student Engagement directors to ensure women’s issues are included in programming such as New Student Orientation and student activities.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
- Participate in departmental and college-wide committees and activities.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
- Youth EduSoccer Coach, Safe-Hub
- Project Director, Advancing Equity Through Public Safety – Feb 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.