Director, Wolfington Center, Cabrini College
Posted by on October 31, 2010
Director of the Wolfington Center, Cabrini College
The Director will lead the Wolfington Center’s mission to weave students’ intellectual and spiritual development with commitments to social justice and human dignity through experiential learning, on the continuum from volunteerism to service- and community-based learning and advocacy. In order to enrich community-based social justice education for all students, the Director will oversee the implementation and building of key current domestic and international partnerships related to the curriculum, particularly with Catholic Relief Services, and the Municipality of Norristown, and will support the College’s partnership with the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The Director will work closely with the Faculty and both the academic and student development leadership teams to support the Justice Matters curriculum, by providing support around Catholic Social Teaching and social justice education. The Director will provide vision and strategic direction to the Center, develop new resource streams to support the Center’s efforts, and support the wider College’s efforts around social justice, Catholic Social teaching, and applied learning. The Director will represent the College and provide national and international leadership on social justice education through scholarship and public presentations.
Administrative Director Duties:
· Recruits, rewards and retains effective staff. Develops a work team characterized by achievement of departmental goals, contribution to achievement, high quality customer service and behavior congruent with the Charter of Core Values
· Stewards Financial Resources: Manages departmental resources with strict attention to effective use of financial and material resources in achieving Mission as spelled out in the College wide goals and strategic plan for the College
· Planning: Participates in ongoing planning process to implement the annual College wide goals and strategic plan of the College
· Master Degree Required, Doctoral Preferred
· Three plus years of experience in Catholic Social Teaching in a social service or educational environment
· A strong record of publication in the areas of Catholic Social Teaching, social justice education, and/or community-based education and research
Interested candidates can apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to Cabrini College, Human Resources Department, 610 King of Prussia Rd., Radnor, PA 19087. Fax: 610-902-8404. E-mail: email@example.com.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Camden and Pennsauken Youth Aged 16-20 Interested in the Environment, Summer Job Opportunity
- Project Development Associate, Habitat for Humanity – Jun 30
- Summer Jobs at Philadelphia Parks & Recreation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.