Director Of Strategic Partnerships, Character Lab
Posted by Character Lab on December 10, 2019
Character Lab is looking for a full-time Director of Strategic Partnerships to catalyze the adoption of scientific insights by educators, parents, and students.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will work with other research organizations, like-minded nonprofits, and educational intermediaries—both maintaining current partnerships and, crucially, cultivating new ones. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this new position represents a pivotal strategic priority for our nonprofit organization.
This position is an excellent opportunity to liaise with a diverse group of educational organizations that create influential learning experiences and resources related to scientific insights generated on the Character Lab Research Network. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will find creative avenues to reach mutual goals as well as broker access to essential tools and resources to extend the impact of research that helps kids thrive. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the evidence-to-practice pipeline, constantly seeks out process improvements, and is eager to join a close-knit and dynamic team.
- Build a pipeline of organizational partners that are strategically aligned with Character Lab’s mission: Manage all aspects of the partnerships funnel, including prospecting, cultivating, positioning, and closing new partnerships, while maintaining all relevant information in our CRM.
- Establish mutual goals and expectations with key external partners, ensuring they have the support needed to integrate our scientific findings, and project manage all stages of partnership execution.
- Stay current on developments in relevant academic research and K-12 practice and policy trends.
- Build familiarity and relationships with other education sector organizations that embed scientific insights into resources, platforms, and programs.
- Design, plan, and execute events, including our annual Educator Summit, that encourage the integration of insights and innovations into schools and the work of other education sector organizations.
- Consult with education leaders on the potential application of scientific insights in their work.
- Cultivate a coalition of influential organizations and individual champions for Character Lab’s work applying scientific insights in K-12 education.
- Represent Character Lab with key stakeholders: Build the organization’s profile through engagement of current and prospective partners.
- Continuously improve systems and procedures through the application of new tools, systems, or best practices in the field.
Learn more and apply: https://characterlab.org/careers/
- Chief Racial Equity Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Engagement Partnerships Consulting Manager, City of Philadelphia
- Education Manager, Al-Bustan
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.