Director of School Engagement, Project Lead The Way
Posted by Project Lead The Way on October 8, 2018
At Project Lead The Way, we are empowering students to thrive in an evolving world. We know that U.S. students must develop the knowledge and skills necessary to compete in the workforce, solve important challenges, and contribute to global progress. We know that teachers need support in empowering students to build these skills. Through our pathways in computer science, engineering, and biomedical science, K-12 students learn problem-solving strategies, critical and creative thinking, and how to communicate and collaborate.
The Director of School Engagement (DSE), leads all aspects of the engagement and service experience, leveraging knowledge of assigned accounts to identify PLTW products that best match the needs and goals of district and school leaders. The DSE engages with assigned accounts to conduct compelling product pitches and to nurture and grow accounts, anticipating evolving needs over time. As the quarterback of the engagement process, the DSE collaborates with other members of the Engagement Team as appropriate to answer questions, develop specialized plans, troubleshoot barriers and close deals. Once the DSE transitions accounts for implementation support, the DSE remains available as needed and routinely checks in with the account to ensure satisfaction and to nurture growth opportunities over time. This role is a remote, field-based position andworks from a dedicated home office within the assigned region, Pennsylvania/East Pennsylvania/Delaware. The ability to travel regularly is an essential component of this position.
- Deliver seamless, high-quality service reflective of PLTW service standards.
- Oversee all aspects of the engagement experience including prospecting, lead management and qualification, closing, transition for implementation support and on-going relationship management within assigned portfolio.
- Conduct account research to develop an understanding of structure, priorities, key personnel and other pertinent information needed to inform strategy and approach.
- Master PLTW product fundamentals and develop customized pitches for assigned accounts to promote district-wide implementations and to support K-12 access and opportunity for students.
- Engage other team members throughout the engagement cycle to answer questions, create customized pitches, troubleshoot barriers and close deals.
- Coordinate product demos and arrange connections with existing accounts for potential districts and schools.
- Serve as the liaison between the account and PLTW’s contracts specialist to resolve issues or discrepancies related to PLTW Terms and Conditions.
- Promote eligible grant opportunities to new and existing accounts within assigned account portfolio.
- Ensure timely and effective account transition to implementation support and attend initial implementation kick-off call.
- Proactively engage with assigned accounts during key personnel changes, service breakdowns and annual renewal to nurture and grow accounts.
- Assist with the strategic planning and promotion of high-value, high opportunity PLTW-sponsored and non PLTW-sponsored events and attend to cultivate relationships and growth opportunities as assigned.
- Promote new product offerings and professional development opportunities within assigned account portfolio.
- Effectively manage and track account information within PLTW’s Salesforce CRM system
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape, trends and opportunities that impact their account portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned in support of PLTW’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience in education, education administration, sales, or a related role.
- Passionate about customer success and demonstrates an ability to nurture and grow business relationships over time.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment.
- An ability to meet assigned goals in a high-performing work environment.
- Expertise in customer relationship management (CRM) strategy.
- Excellent judgment and ability to adapt to changing priorities with ease and efficiency.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence” and to coordinate multiple internal and external partners.
- The ability to travel regularly and drive long distances is an essential component of this position, along with flexibility to schedule overnight trips as needed.
Overall career site: https://www.pltw.org/about-us/careers
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
- Summer Program Instructor, Workshop School
- Be a Philly pool hero: lifeguard training now open
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.