Director of Policy, Benefits Data Trust
Posted by Benefits Data Trust on August 4, 2020
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Director of Policy to lead the organization’s work to transform benefits access through policy, research, and systems change so people live healthier, more independent lives. Policy, research, and systems change are core elements of BDT’s strategy to scale its impact and streamline access to means-tested benefits for 10 million people over the next three years.
The Director of Policy works with federal, state and, local policymakers and stakeholders to maximize the use of solutions to streamline enrollment and promote reforms to modernize health and human services systems to provide dignified, person-centered service. The director builds and strengthens relationships with policy leaders to promote the adoption of evidence-based policy and practice changes and offer policy technical assistance and as well as to identify opportunities to test new scalable strategies. The director also engages in the national dialogue about poverty, equity, health and human services integration, and public benefits modernization, and shares what BDT has learned and can offer.
The Director of Policy informs the organization’s overall strategy, develops BDT’s policy agenda, and leads the Policy team. The Policy team: provides technical assistance to state and local government; writes and promotes policy briefs and playbooks; informs BDT’s products and services; and oversees BDT’s overall research agenda and studies with external researchers. Research documenting the impact of public benefits on people’s health, education, and economic well-being, and the impact of streamlining access to benefits builds public will for increasing benefits access, advances policy and practice change, and raises awareness of BDT’s offerings.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the Director of Policy reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
Due to COVID-19, BDT is operating under a remote-working protocol, following governmental requirements and CDC guidelines. While this job will begin as fully remote, when BDT determines it is safe to do so based on public health recommendations, we will move back into our Centre Square office. At that time, all Philadelphia-based staff are expected to transition back into the office.
- Refine and execute BDT’s policy and systems change agenda with a focus on advancing equity
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with national and state policy leaders, including government agency leaders, advocates, and academics. Participate in strategic coalitions
- Develop and cultivate new opportunities to promote BDT products and services to government and philanthropy
- Oversee technical assistance to state and local agencies to streamline benefits access, including the use of federal policy options and waivers, and to promote innovation and measurable systems change
- Strengthen BDT’s role as a thought leader in health and human services transformation and benefits access through conference presentations, testimony, webinars, press, policy and research briefs, public comments, and blog posts
- Inform the evolution of BDT’s products and services and provide policy advice to other departments
- Oversee the research team responsible for developing BDT’s overall research agenda, including partnering with external experts to conduct and publish rigorous research and working with BDT’s Data Science, Projects, Strategy and Product teams to prioritize internal research and evaluation activities that promote equity, impact, and efficiency
- Supervise and support the professional development of BDT’s policy and research staff
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of laws and regulations related to public benefits
Learn more and apply: https://benefits-data-trust.breezy.hr/p/cce0cd6ee95d
- Communications and Outreach Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Jul 18
- Annual Fund Officer, Pendle Hill – Jul 20
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.