Director of Placements and Partnerships, Education
Posted by La Salle University on March 19, 2018
The Education Department at La Salle University seeks a creative and dynamic Director of Placements and Partnerships who is committed to principles of social justice and equity in education. This twelve-month, full-time position is responsible for the overall functioning of all field experiences for undergraduate and graduate programs in the Education Department, including academic-year placements, summer practica, and study abroad experiences.
The successful candidate must have:
· A master’s degree in education with leadership experience in diverse educational settings;
· Experience building partnerships with schools and community organizations.
· Strong organizational and communication skills;
· Working professional knowledge of Pennsylvania Department of Education requirements for teaching certification (elementary, middle level, secondary, and special education) field competencies;
· A minimum of five years’ experience as a preK-12 teacher and/or school administrator;
· Word processing, including Excel proficiency and experience with managing databases.
Preferred qualifications include:
· Experience teaching in Philadelphia-area school districts, preferably the Philadelphia School District;
· Experience working in or collaborating with education-related non-profit organizations;
· Previous experience as a cooperating teacher, teacher-mentor, or supervision of field experiences.
In one document, please email the following for your application to be considered:
- Cover letter
- CV or resume
- Name and Contact Information of 3 Professional References
For more details on this position or to submit your cover letter, resume and other required information, please contact:
La Salle University
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
Posted on: 03/16/18
- Communications and Outreach Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Jul 18
- Annual Fund Officer, Pendle Hill – Jul 20
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.