Director Of Operations, West Chester University Foundation
Posted by West Chester University Foundation on June 18, 2018
The West Chester University Foundation seeks a Director of Operations responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing strategies and processes that enable the Development team to maximize its effectiveness, opportunities, and efficiencies. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to marketing, events, stewardship and the recording and use of all donor data in the Raisers Edge database.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct all aspects of performance on the development operations team. Oversee the hiring, training, and ongoing management, with accountability for all team members, including direct and indirect reports.
- Oversee the Advancement Services department
- Direct and work closely with Prospect Research to ensure a productive moves management process as well as the identification of potential new donors. Manage the research, analysis and interpretation of information on individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Supervise the gift processing and acknowledgement functions.
- Ensures all fundraising reports, reconciliations and data exports are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Establish and maintain systems to ensure the quality and integrity of the data in Raiser’s Edge.
- Ensure that analytics and strategies are being developed to use the donor database and reporting tools to support major gift work and drive fundraising revenue.
- Work to evaluate current database efficiency and develop new strategies that are focused on optimal utilization of the donor database including data storage, database health, data mining and reporting.
- Direct communications and marketing efforts including web, print and social media marketing platforms.
- Oversee the planning and execution of donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Use statistics to evaluate current fundraising efforts and to make recommendations for changes.
- Plan and implement regular database screenings, analyze data and make recommendations to maximize solicitation strategies.
- Lead ongoing, rigorous exploration of alternative or supplemental technology platforms that could better enable the Development team to achieve ambitious targets
- Oversee data flow from the donor database to the financial system to ensure revenue reconciliation and the timely, accurate generation of fundraising reports.
- Participate in major advancement activities.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at management discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree and ten years of progressive experience in development operations required. Master’s degree, Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) or other similar professional designation highly preferred.
- Proven leadership abilities to develop and lead high performing teams.
- Experience with strategic and annual planning, project management and process improvement efforts is required.
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal constituents to include the University president, vice presidents, deans, chairs, directors, faculty, the Alumni Association, major gifts officers and staff.
- Possess strong computer skills, data management and data base techniques (preferably with Raiser’s Edge).
Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability and includes full benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance as well as employer contribution to retirement plan. For details on available benefits, please refer to the Benefits Summary on our website http://www.wcufoundation.org/employment. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
Applicants must submit a letter of interest highlighting relevant professional accomplishments, a current resume, the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references, and salary requirements.
Please apply by sending requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The West Chester University Foundation is an independent non-profit organization that raises funds, manages resources, and conducts special projects that advance the mission and goals of West Chester University of Pennsylvania. The West Chester University Foundation is an Institutionally Related Foundation that adheres to the highest fundraising ethics and standards according to the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. More about the WCU Foundation can be found at http://www.wcufoundation.org
West Chester University Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for positions are considered without regard to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, citizenship, disability or sexual orientation.
- Vice President, Data & Innovation, Steppingstone Scholars
- Grant Writer (Contracted), Phila. Youth Basketball – Oct 3
- Community Outreach Coordinator, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Oct 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.