Director of Operations & Facilities, The Lenfest Center
Posted by Lenfest Center on September 18, 2017
About The Organization:
For nearly a decade, the Lenfest Center has provided academic, athletic, and enrichment programming and community partnerships for school aged children and their families in the Hunting Park community of North Philadelphia. Built in 2007, with its modern, multi-floored facility, The Lenfest Center is a welcoming neighborhood focal point which houses a wide range of programming options run by our Center team as well as partner organizations like Vetri Cooking Lab, Play Pattern LLC, and SquashSmarts.
As part of the newly formed North10, Philadelphia organization and with new leadership committed to collaborating with the community to improve life outcomes for neighborhood residents, the Center is expanding its impact.
Our vision is that by 2026, Hunting Park and East Tioga will be home to:
● Safe, clean streets; well-maintained green spaces; accessible public transportation; and commercial options that reflect the needs and desires of the community;
● Stable, high-quality housing; readily available resources for homeowners and homebuyers; and both rental and ownership opportunities at a range of prices;
● A high-quality cradle-to-career educational pipeline so that every neighborhood child has access to educational opportunities worthy of their promise;
● Accessible and affordable healthy food; safe, diverse, and well-structured recreation options; physical, mental, and behavioral health services for adults and children; and continuing education opportunities for adults.
About The Opportunity:
Serving as an integral member of the Center’s leadership team, the Director of Operations & Facilities will ensure the Center has all of the systems, data and procedures to operate at a an optimal level and best meet the needs of the community. The Director of Operations & Facilities will help build a professional center culture, that values excellence and respects operational efficiency.
The Director of Operations & Facilities reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and manages a large team of full time and part time facilities, security and service team members.
Sample Responsibilities Include:
● Collaborate with the Chief Program Officer and program team to create efficient partner payment and tracking system with appropriate checks and balances
● Through management of a team of facilities managers, security and other service team members, ensure building is clean, safe and maintained at standards of excellence
● Work alongside Chief Executive Officer & Chief Program Officer to develop and implement the center’s five year strategic plan
● Liaise and collaborate with community centers city wide to thought partner on delivering the best services for youth and families
● Collaborate with leadership team to ensure they are making well-informed, data-driven decisions about the strategic direction of the center
Desired Outcomes Include:
● Design and fully actualize centerwide employee handbook and state-compliant policies
● Develop and implement safety and security protocols
● Build data analytics system in order to track data related to attendance, and space utilization
● Develop an online ‘member desk’ community service system which includes registration, enrollment, check in, data system, attendance and is integrated within a larger city-wide system
● Develop and codify Center’s space utilization protocols
● Design system to manage, track and communicate space utilization procedures
● Are passionate about the Center’s mission and demonstrate a mindset and approach of putting children first
● Have worked in operational or facilities management for at least five years, ideally in an organization serving youth and families
● Have developed, managed and executed effective and efficient operational systems
● Have managed a complex facilities/building context with multiple internal stakeholders and entities and are versed in developing space utilization protocols and scheduling systems
● Bring strength in managing and negotiating with vendors
● Are experienced team managers and lead others to strong performance
● Demonstrate significant strength analyzing and managing data
● Demonstrate solid understanding of budgets and general accounting principles
● Understand strong change management practices in terms of people dynamics and implementation of new systems and protocols
● Highly value relationships and lead through collaboration and influence
● Have experience in turnaround, start up or change context
● Are highly organized with demonstrated systems for managing tasks and projects
● Ideally have Spanish language fluency
This search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners. Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in the organization’s mission and qualifications for the position to: http://axistalentpartners.applytojob.com/apply
North10, Philadelphia. is an “equal opportunity employer.” It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sex or gender or condition, gender identity and/or
expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.